The Ohio State Junior will represent her country as a part of Team USA Shooting in the 50 meter Women’s Three Position Rifle event. Furrer secured her spot on the national team with a dramatic finish at the U.S. Olympic Trials in Ft. Benning, GA early last month. After nearly squandering a massive lead heading into the final day of competition, Furrer stuck through and pulled out the win to punch her ticket to London.
Furrer will compete in the event in which she specializes, one that has brought her many accolades in her short shooting career. Amanda’s event is scheduled for August 4th. The Qualification round begins at 9 am and the finals are at 12:45 sharp and will be held at the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich, southeast London.
- 2011 National Championships, Bronze Medal
- 2011 Spring Selection, Gold Medal
- 2010 World Championships, Team Gold Medal, Team World Record
- 2010 Championship of the Americas, 6th Place
- 2010 Junior Olympic Championship, Gold Medal
- 2009 Spring Selection, Bronze Medal
- 2009 Junior Olympic Championship, Silver Medal
- 2008 Olympic Team Alternate
- 2008 Junior International Hopes Match, Gold Medal
- 2007 Pan American Games, Bronze Medal
- 2007 Junior International Hopes Match, Gold Medal