Well its week 10 of the College football season and that means that the season is almost over, and that is depressing. So let’s not think about that yet and enjoy these last few weeks. Our Buckeyes take on those damn Boilermakers on Saturday and the Buckeyes always struggle against them so let’s hope the boys jump out to a huge lead in the first and never let up.
Earlier this week it was reported that Ohio State Athletic Director Gene Smith was going to be leaving tOSU and becoming the new AD over at Texas, Smith has denied those claims and says he’s staying with the Buckeyes. With Smith at the helm of the Athletics Department, Ohio State has been in the top 5 for highest grossing Athletic Departments, they were #2 last year after the Longhorns but that’s just cause Longhorns fans are dumb to keep paying money to watch an overrated program.
Saturday there are a few big games the first is the battle of that state shaped like a glove, or Ms. Michigan as some of those rednecks like to call it. MSU hosts TTUN and hopefully they both lose. Later that night the Hurricanes take on the Seminoles and this game could have an impact on the Buckeyes. If the Canes win my guess is they will leap frog Ohio State, but if FSU wins like I think they will it could mean that FSU will play for a national title if they remain unbeaten, even over an unbeaten Oregon and OSU team. Plus if FSU wins and Famous Jameis Winston plays well again, I believe he will win the Heisman over Marcus Mariotta.
Also the NCAA has adopted a few new rules for recruiting and they are
• Allowing football players to participate in eight hours per week of required weight training and conditioning. Up to two of the eight hours can consist of film review.
• Prohibiting school staff members from attending all-star games or activities associated with those games.
• Establishing an extended dead period when no in-person recruiting can take place in December and January. For 2013-14, Dec. 16 through Jan. 15 is now a dead period.
• Establishing a 14-day dead period in late June and early July for FBS schools.
• Allowing schools to pay for meals for up to four family members who accompany a recruit on an official visit.
These rules are being put in place because they are tired of Coach Urban Meyer dominating Nick Saban. As the great Daniel Tosh said, “Burn in hell Saban”
That’s it for this week, stay safe and GOOOOOO BUCKS!